Moving Floor Groupbox
The Moving Floor Groupbox is, unlike traditional calf pens or hutches, programmed to clean and distribute bedding automatically in your desired interval. Clean and healthy calves grow faster and become better dairy cows. Take care of the most important thing you have in your crew – your recruitment – your future cash cows!
1. The floor area where the animals are eating is the dirtiest area
2. At programmed intervals the floor rotates – manure is then scraped into the gutter and the rear floor of the box is refilled with bedding
A lot of time can be saved in calf rearing. Rationalize your day-to day work and spend the time saved on the calves
Tests show up to 70% bedding reduction in Moving Floor compared to deep straw beddings
Calves on Moving Floor has a 20-30% increased daily weight gain. Clean animals are healthy animals
Low energy consumption
Average energy consumption is 500 kWh per calf per year
Moving Floor Groupbox is considered a movable property and can be financed through lease
Average pay back is 2 years counted only on operational costs. Possible gains in animal health improvements not counted
Cost: 0,25 USD/calf/day
The average cost including financing costs is 0,25 USD per calf per day for a completely automatic cleaning innumerous times per day.
No prior knowledge required to perform service. Average spare part cost per year is approx $ 30
- Fred Johnsenmilk producer Tana, Norway
I have used Moving Floor for my calves for several years. I believe the calves grow quicker. I will buy more units of Moving Floor.
- Karin Åstveit and Trond Reierstadmilk producers Lörenskog, Norway
We used to have problems with the calf health. Since we started with Moving Floor we extremely seldom treat any calves.
- Jonna Silvinmilk producer Gothem, Sweden
I truly appreciate the automatic cleaning. Moving Floor just runs without any downtime.
- Alf Håvar Bromilk producer Skiptvet, Norway
I save a lot of work, just fill up bedding dispensers once a week. The calves grow better, my own measures say 20-30% increased growth. I can now inseminate heifers at 12-13 months.
- Family Karlssonmilk producers Åland, Finland
We have used Moving Floor since 2009, and the maintenance need is surprisingly low. We measure the growth rate of the calves, which is approx 20% above calves in conventional boxes.
- Gregor Hubermilk producer and researcher Austria
We did trials on Moving Floor installed outdoors for three years. No downtime even when minus degrees. I now have Moving Floor on my own family farm.
Test results show...
- Swedish university of Agriculture, Uppsala
- Wageningen, Holland
- Raumberg Gumpenstein, Austria
- Haus Düsse, Germany
- HINT, Norway
- Good functionality and reliability
- Animals not affected by the movement of the floor
- Indications of 20-30% increased daily weight gain
- 70% decreased bedding consumption
- Low energy consumption (ca 500 kWh/calf/year)
Width: 2450 mm
Heigth: 1650 mm
Surface: 7,5 sqm
Volume: 600 kgs
Volume bedding dispenser: 400 liters
Base: Wooden base covered with stainless steel
Sides: Compact laminate 6mm
Penning: Hot dip galvanized steel
Compressed air: 8 Bar (compressor not included, if installed outdoors the compressor must have dryer)
Control: PLC (transformer not included)
Drive unit: automotive brake chamber
Compressed air: 8 Bar
Consumption compressed air: 2 liters/movement
– The surface for the calves is 7,5 sqm, normally 5 calves are kept in the Groupbox.
How does the floor move?
– An easy PLC is programmed in the desired cleaning interval. The floor/rubber conveyor is slowly moved by mechanical movements generated by compressed air. Compressor is not included.
What is your delivery time?
– 12 weeks. Each order will receive a specific delivery date.
Why should I choose Moving Floor?
– Because it is the only calfbox on the market that automatically takes care of cleaning and bedding distribution. No manual labour can compete with Moving Floor. Average pay back is 2 years. The calves are clean, healthy and grow quicker.
How do I install Moving Floor?
– Moving Floor is delivered flat packed and is mounted by you on spot. A mounting instruction will guide you through the steps. You need standard tools such as; wrench/drilling machine, wrenches 10-13-17, Allen keys.
How do I finance Moving Floor?
– Moving Floor is considered a moveable property, it means leasing or installment is possible. Contact your bank or Moving Floor to learn more on flexible financing solutions.