Moving Floor Cubicle
The self-cleaning cubicle is cleaned every time the cow leaves the cow stall, using only the weight of the cow. Reliable and extremely profitable. It is both common sense and very smart. It’s really common sense that a cow should not lie down in a bed with another cow’s manure and leaking milk. Hygiene is crucial for the health and productivity of a cow.
- We have significantly improved the udder health with Moving Floor Cubicle.Karin och Einar Åbergsjordmilk producers Andöya, Norway
- The cows like the soft mattress, they choose Moving Floor before other cubicles with rubber mats.Jonna Silvinmilk producer Gothem, Sweden
Generally 0,22 min is spent on cleaning a conventional cubicle manually one time.
Moving Floor Cubicle is cleaned in between each cow. That means less bacteria growth and less risk for spread of disease.
We don’t need to limit the cow’s space in order to keep the cubicle clean. We make the cubicles bigger, softer and with as little limitations as possible.
No energy consumption
The weight of the cow is used to mechanically clean the cubicle. Incredibly reliable.
Moving Floor Cubicle is considered a moveable property and can be financed through lease.
Average pay back is 2 years counted only operational expenses. No animal health benefits included.
Cost: 0,3 USD/cow/day
The average cost including financing costs is 0,3 USD/cow/day for a completely automatic cleaning.
No prior knowledge required to perform service. Average spare part cost per year is approx $ 12
Do you know how quickly bacteria grow?
The bacteria growth in each cubicle, 24 hours after the contamination.
We tested the bacterial growth in cubicles – one Moving Floor Cubicle and two conventional cubicles. The three cubicles were all contaminated with manure. After one hour the Moving Floor Cubicle was scraped off (average cow laying time being 2 hours), one conventional cubicle was scraped off after 12 hours while the third and last cubicle was not scraped off at all. 24 hours after the trial started the bacterial growth was measured in each cubicle, see the result to the left.
Swedish Veterinarian Institute, Uppsala
Swedish Veterinary Institute has through initial bacterial growth tests indicated that the cleaning of Moving Floor Cubicles seems effective against bacterial growth. Further studies will be performed during 2015.
Width: 1250 / 1200 / 1000 / 900 mm
Height: back part 250 mm, front part 450 mm
Weight: 120-140 kg
Loops are optional
Base: Wooden base dimensioned for the weight of two cows
Mattress: Latex 50 mm
Closings: Reinforced rubber
Floor attachments: Hot dip galvanized steel
Spring: automotive spring 3600 N
Can be combined with scraper alley or slatted flooring
Installed on flat floor, floor attachments bolted to the floor
Slope of cubicle can be adjusted
Detachable closing underneath cubicle back part prevents dirt from accumulating under cubicle
Drive: Patented mechanical drive ensure product reliabililty
Drive unit: automotive spring 3600 N
– There is no engine on the Moving Floor Cubicle. A patented mechanical drive rotates the top cover. The weight of the cow compresses a spring that later generates the movement of the top cover as the cow steps off. No energy added.
How is the cubicle installed?
– The cubicle is placed on a flat floor and bolted to the floor. Observe that the cubicle cannot be installed on top of conventional concrete cubicles unless the level of the alley is adjusted.
– 12 weeks, each order will receive a specific delivery date.
– 3 years operational guarantee. Normal life time of cubicle is 15 years.